July 13, 2008

A couple weeks ago I finished typing what’s written of #140, intending to continue working on it on the computer (or my phone, since I can write on my phone now!), but somehow I’ve ended up working on the revision of, ahem, #1 that I started four years ago… about when I did the first revision of the site into this layout. For some reason working on the site intesively for two or three days made me want to read through it again.

I’m in the middle of Chapter 8; I’m not sure if I’ll start working on revising the three that follow afterwards, or if I’ll work on the one before it. If I do the subsequent parts first, I’ll probably have to go back to them after doing the previous one, to fix any continuity I break. I suppose that’s not the end of the world. The three subsequent parts are fully written, so it’s just a matter of reading through them again and then rewriting them. The revision of The Ringbearer has already, well, broken continuity for those in several ways.

July 10, 2008

Okay, the site migration is complete, I think. Instead of PHP, I’ve ended up with SHTML. Pretty much an identical process; the menu include scripts are just a different syntax. If you find any links that don’t work or pages displaying funkily, just shoot me an email.

While I was going through all the pages’ code, I found stuff I want to point out: #160: Violet (soon to have an easier reading option); #125: Murena (preview); #106: Avatars; #140: Veronica (preview; what I’ve been working on most recently); and Orange.

And now I’m going to sleep.

July 8, 2008

I’ve started converting the site to PHP to get away from the frameset. It took me about an hour to figure out the positioning in CSS, but you can see the test for the main page. The links probably doing point to the right paths right now. I just have to go through and add some style codes to the rest of the existing pages, and the menu includes, but it’ll finally move me away from frames.